Yeah, I can understand it too. I think for me, I spend a lot of time in the science blogging communities, so the words “not scientifically proven” or “scientifically proven” have become just another statement to me - they’ve sort of lost the emotional weight they carry for a lot of people. So I don’t really realize that other people might interpret those words figuratively, or assume that I’m using them figuratively.And then I get all “WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF SCIENCE-HATING MORON?”, and that never goes over well, and the long and short of it is that I should probably think more before I start talking, or at least take a second to recognize where I am and who I’m talking to.
You and me both.
- soloerescris likes this
- muckrakingiswomenswork reblogged this from angrybrownbaby and added:
- drfitzmonster reblogged this from karnythia
- amydentata reblogged this from blackamazon and added:
- angrybrownbaby reblogged this from blackamazon
- blackamazon reblogged this from angrybrownbaby and added:
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from native-detroiter and added:
- native-detroiter reblogged this from angrybrownbaby
- fluididity likes this
- amydentata posted this