Things I’ve learned from this thread:
If someone who you actually agree with says something that is objectively wrong to back up their point, you should just let it slide, because pointing out that it’s wrong makes you a big mean colonizer or something, I don’t fucking know.
Whoa, whoa, back it up. While it’s unfortunate that the conversation got derailed over a misunderstanding, colonization is kind of a big deal, and trivializing it is a common way for white people to get away with all sorts of oppressive behavior. That’s not something I support, no matter how out-of-hand things may appear to get. White people are not experts on colonization, and I don’t want other white people thinking it’s funny and cool to make fun of PoC for calling it how they see it. Because it isn’t.
Yeah, sorry about that. I was being a bit too flip, and I came off as more dismissive than I meant to.
It does kind of seem off to me though, that people feel like pointing out something that is actually wrong is an act of oppression. I mean, yes, obviously you’d be out of place to dispute a subjective statement in a discussion between WoC….but a statement of fact?
IDK maybe I should just shut up before I say something else obnoxious.
[redacted for being patronizing as fuck]
- soloerescris likes this
- muckrakingiswomenswork reblogged this from angrybrownbaby and added:
- drfitzmonster reblogged this from karnythia
- amydentata reblogged this from blackamazon and added:
- angrybrownbaby reblogged this from blackamazon
- blackamazon reblogged this from angrybrownbaby and added:
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from native-detroiter and added:
- native-detroiter reblogged this from angrybrownbaby
- fluididity likes this
- amydentata posted this