[tw] Period blood and “feminism”
As I say once, I’ll say it again, white feminists only want feminism for themselves. In my culture, period blood cookies, paintings, etc. is bad news. I won’t say why but I especially wouldn’t be putting it on my face. Of course, it’s deemed as me hating my body blablabla when I find my body miraculous in its ability but they already assume I’m female and grew up with westernized ideals so they can go fuck themselves.
Womanism for life.
biologically it’s kind of bad, because you’d be re-consuming the iron that your body lets go every few weeks.
like, there is a reason people who have periods have reduced risk for heart disease. it’s because they regularly lose blood, which has iron. and a high level of iron is associated with heart attacks and high blood pressure.
in Buddhism and Daoism i am pretty sure this is also bad— both view any fluids leaving the body as LEAVING FOR DAMN GOOD REASON (i.e., to carry out negative energy or toxins. which is scientifically proven, as above, and other reasons). I am sure there are other religions or cultures with similar views here.
So not only is this bullshit medically bad, it’s also kind of imperialist and/or ethnocentric.
[May as well add a disclaimer: I agree with the main point of the OP. I was only discussing a few details about the supposed unhealthiness of iron, expelling toxins, and calling negative energy “scientifically proven”.]
I’m not going to comment on the rest of this thread, as I’m white and not a womanist; however I will address the science aspect.
Iron is a good thing when you’re anemic, and lots of people with heavy flow are anemic, because of the constant blood loss. The uterine lining leaves your body because it isn’t going to be used, not because anything in the blood is “toxic”. If you need more iron then iron is good, if you don’t then it isn’t. Excess iron is bad for you and can lead to health problems; too little iron is bad for you and can lead to health problems.
It’s a really bad idea to combine “negative energy” and “scientifically proven” in the same sentence, unless you’re saying “the concept of ‘negative energy’ isn’t scientifically proven”.
- soloerescris likes this
- zorlock likes this
- skepticamongthefaithful likes this
- angrybrownbaby reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- the-watcher-on-the-walls reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- elledy reblogged this from karnythia
- fightingonarrival reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- withlovethelavendermenace reblogged this from angrybrownbaby
- the-watcher-on-the-walls likes this
- lucipurrr reblogged this from bad-dominicana and added:
- tlntno likes this
- chairolyn reblogged this from ghost-of-algren
- 2foxb likes this
- browngirlinterrupted likes this
- mikkipedia likes this
- merrymagicalbroad reblogged this from backyardgoldmine and added:
- dcprettygirl likes this
- anothertoastto likes this
- theraphos reblogged this from peeingonthethingsyoulove and added:
- politicalnighties likes this
- verosays likes this
- instantclubhit likes this
- applebutterbomb likes this
- auberginebreeze likes this
- agent-355 reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- king-wicked likes this
- dinosaurjam likes this
- labrownrecluse likes this
- poisonsoup likes this
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- backyardgoldmine reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- witchcraftkitty likes this
- theboyprincessdiaries likes this
- weian-fu likes this
- karnythia reblogged this from angrybrownbaby and added:
- dreams-from-my-father likes this
- laff-riot likes this
- rivermouse likes this
- storyofaquietgirl likes this
- bad-dominicana reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- gwest650 reblogged this from karnythia
- gwest650 likes this
- hamburgerjack reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- asoftbonegrey likes this
- thisisqpocprivilege likes this
- rgr-pop likes this
- sochiru reblogged this from schakall
- drfitzmonster reblogged this from karnythia
- blackraincloud likes this
- i-am-a-rape-survivor likes this